October 16, 2013
Sustainable Construction Silver Award Winners
Three companies have earned Vancouver Regional Construction Association Silver Awards of Excellence in the Sustainable Construction category. The recipients are Ledcor Construction Limited for the UBC Pharmaceutical Sciences project (clockwise from top) in Vancouver, B.C.; Flynn Canada Ltd. for the Broadway Tech 4 project in Burnaby, B.C.; and Solid Rock Steel Fabricating for the Tubular Terror Slide Complex (right) in Chilliwack B.C. In 2012.
The Sustainable Construction and Innovation award was added to the Awards of Excellence in 2010 to recognize green building achievement.
Last year, Ledcor Construction Ltd. was named the Gold Award of Excellence winner for its work on the VanDusen Botanical Garden Visitor Centre in Vancouver, B.C., with the company also earning a Silver Award of Excellence for the UniverCity Childcare Centre at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby.
PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. earned a Silver Award for the BC Hydro Bridge River Generating Station Townsite Redevelopment.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas