October 16, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of October 21st, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of October 21st, 2013.
BC and U.S. architectural associations are teaming up for a conference in Vancouver. The Architectural Institute of BC and the American Institute of Architects – Washington Council will hold the “Sea Change” conference from October 23rd to the 26th at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about Don Cooper, a business consultant who addressed the recent Canadian Institute of Steel Construction conference in Whistler, B.C.
Richard also has a story about multi-family residential construction pushing building permit levels in August, while Alberta had one of its biggest declines in permits in the same month.
Paul Emanuelli has a column about a rejected claim by a subcontractor to directly challenge purchasing institutions over tendering disputes, and check out this week’s feature video about the VRCA Awards of Excellence, held on October 17th.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas