October 16, 2013
PHOTO GALLERY: VRCA Awards of Excellence
The 25th Vancouver Regional Construction Association Awards of Excellence were held on October 17th at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Over 600 attendees were on hand to celebrate a wide variety of projects as well as individuals who made a mark in the previous year.
In addition to the Gold Awards for project specific excellence, awards were also presented to members and individuals for outstanding accomplishments and to recognize innovation and commitment to safety.
Construction Workplace Health & Safety Innovation Award (sponsored by WorkSafeBC)
Winvan Paving Ltd. – Jackhammer Water Attachment
Houle Electric Ltd. – High-Purity Water Purification Turnkey Treatment Skid
Lifetime Achievement Award
Education Leadership Award
Outstanding Women in Construction (sponsored by Super Save Group and Canadian Construction Women)
Member of the Year
Smith Bros. & Wilson (B.C.) Ltd.
U40 Excellence in Construction Award
Brian Dougherty – Horizon Landscape Contractors
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas