LATEST NEWS Engineering
December 4, 2013
Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
The federal government confirmed its commitment to municipal infrastructure during a recent meeting with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) board of directors.
Denis Lebel, minister of Infrastructure, Communities, and Intergovernmental Affairs, confirmed that the outstanding parameters for the $53 billion New Building Canada Plan are currently under development and will be announced as soon as possible to ensure project proposals can be considered in 2014.
He highlighted that two-thirds of the new funding under the New Building Canada Plan is dedicated exclusively to municipalities.
New agreements were sent to the provinces and territories on Nov. 5 and Lebel said he is looking forward to signing them so municipalities can continue to benefit from the program. Lebel reiterated that while work is underway for the new programs, existing programs continue to provide significant funding to infrastructure projects across Canada. There is $6 billion under existing programs that will continue to flow to projects across the country this year and beyond.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$80,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$33,500,000 Port Moody BC Prebid
$30,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road