December 4, 2013
Aurora LNG files export bid
The proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project at Grassy Point near Prince Rupert, B.C. has filed its export application with Canada's National Energy Board (NEB).
Aurora LNG filed the application about two weeks after signing a sole proponent agreement with the Province of B.C.
The agreement provides the exclusive right to pursue long-term Crown land tenure in the Grassy Point area.
Aurora LNG is a joint venture by Nexen Energy ULC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, INPEX Corporation and JGC Corporation.
“Filing an application for an export license is an important step. However, we still have a lengthy process ahead of us before final investment decisions are made,” said Nexen CEO Kevin Reinhart. “Stakeholder consultation, environmental assessments and affirmation of technical and economic feasibility are required before the project can proceed.”
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project