December 11, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of December 16th, 2013.
Richard Gilbert has a story about how Shell Canada is expanding an oilsands project near Fort McMurray but local First Nations disagree with the environmental assessment process.
The federal government says expansion of the Jackpine Mine will cause “adverse environmental circumstances” but in this case these effects are justified. The Athabasca Chipewan say they are frustrated with the actions of the government.
Correspondent Shannon Moneo has a story about a project involving both Alberta employers and trade unions that links wage increases to the price of oil.
Daily Commercial News staff writer Patricia Williams has an article about a Building Information Modeling guide drawing on American and Canadian expertise.
This week’s feature video goes to the British Columbia Institute of Technology’s welding department, which has just undergone a $2.7 million upgrade to its HVAC and ventilation systems.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project