LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 8, 2014
Little Mountain Taking Shape
Urban One Builders is the general contractor for the first phase of the Little Mountain redevelopment in Vancouver, B.C.
The project, across from Queen Elizabeth Park, includes a five-storey, 53-unit affordable housing building for seniors and families.
Gair H Williamson Architect did the design. Holborn Group Ltd. is the owner and the City of Vancouver is the developer. Consultants include MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural) and BR Thorson Consulting Ltd. (code).
The second phase of the project includes more affordable rental units.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion