January 8, 2014
Temporary Foreign Worker rule changes
Further changes have been made to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, announced the federal government.
Effective Dec. 31, the government introduced regulatory and administrative changes that will: provide the government with the authority to conduct inspections to make sure employers are meeting the conditions of the program; allow the government to ban non-compliant employers from the program for two years and immediately add their names to a public “black list”; strengthen criteria for assessing Labour Market Opinion (LMO) and work permit applications; and provide the government with the authority to revoke or suspend LMOs, or refuse to process LMO applications, and to revoke and refuse to process work permits, when necessary.
The reform is to ensure that Canadians are always first in line for available jobs, while ensuring temporary foreign workers are protected, says the government.
News from © Canadian Press Enterprises Inc., 2014
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project