January 8, 2014
VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of January 13th, 2014
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 13th, 2014.
Imperial Oil is looking to build a $7 billion oilsands facility near Fort McMurray. The energy giant has filed an application with the Alberta Energy Regulator to develop Aspen, a steam-assisted gravity drainage project to the south of its existing Kearl project.
Richard Gilbert has a story about optimism in the open shop contractor community going into 2014. Several contractors also pointed to growth and labour shorting driving up wages as an upcoming challenge for the industry.
We also have a story about base jumpers parachuting from a 35-storey condominium in Edmonton, Alberta.
Daily Commercial News staff writer Kelly Lapointe looks at industry reaction to the introduction of the Building Canada Plan, and Stephen Bauld has a column about dealing with damages.
This week’s feature video covers the annual Bentall memorial, which marked the workplace death of four construction workers in 1981.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project