January 20, 2014
Victoria looking for wastewater treatment plant contractor
The Capital Regional District (CRD) of Victoria, B.C. has issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the Resource Recovery Centre at the Hartland landfill and a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Biosolids Disposal Services, both of which are related to the Seaterra wastewater treatment program.
The Seaterra program, located in the Greater Victoria core area, has an estimated capital cost of $782.2 million, and consists of three major components including the McLoughlin Point Wastewater Treatment Facility, a Biosolids Energy Centre and Conveyance System Upgrades.
The Resource Recovery Centre (RRC) RFQ invites interested teams to submit their qualifications and experience to design, build, partially finance and operate the facility for a 25 year term.
The subsequent RFP will be issued to the shortlisted teams in spring 2014.
The preferred proponent will be responsible for the final design development of the RRC facility.
The Biosolids Disposal Services RFP invites interested parties to submit proposals for biosolids disposal services.
Disposal services include transportation and disposal of the dried or dewatered biosolids product from the CRD’s Resource Recovery Centre, optimizing the beneficial use of biosolids as a fuel substitute and generating carbon credits, obtaining all permits and approvals necessary for the transportation and disposal of dried or dewatered biosolids product, and disposal of any residuals including ash from the disposal process. Procurement documents for this RFP are available at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project