January 20, 2014
Preferred proponent selected for B.C. hospital
Affinity Partnerships has been selected as the preferred proponent for the BC Children's and Women's Hospitals redevelopment project in Vancouver.
The consortium includes Balfour Beatty Investments, with Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects (ZGF) LLP and CEI Architecture handling design.
Construction will be handled by Balfour Beatty Construction and the Ledcor Group, and services by Balfour Beatty Communities and Black and McDonald Limited
The next stage in the competitive selection process is for the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) to negotiate with Affinity Partnerships to settle the final terms of the contract, which is expected to conclude in a performance-based contract by the spring of 2014.
Construction of the Acute Care Centre is anticipated to get underway by the winter of 2014/15 and will be designed to a LEED Gold standard.
The total cost of the redevelopment project is estimated at $680 million.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $3,815,938,763 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$35,000,000 Prince George BC Negotiated
$13,000,000 Victoria BC Negotiated
$12,500,000 St Albert AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group