January 15, 2014
Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of January 20th, 2013
In this week's preview, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 20th, 2014.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about a recent Economic Outlook meeting held by the BC chapter of the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies. ACEC BC president Keith Sashaw said the engineering community is optimistic about upcoming construction activity in BC in 2014.
Richard also has a story about Valard Construction being selected to install transmission lines for the Christina Lake Area Development Project in northern Alberta. The project is expected to be complete by early 2015.
DCN staff writer Kelly LaPointe gives us the details on the BTY Group’s market intelligence report for the fourth quarter of 2013, which found that Canada is a model of stability for construction projects.
Stephen Bauld has a column about government procurement, and this week’s feature video is an interview with economist Helmut Pastrick about his forecasts for the BC economy and construction industry.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project