January 15, 2014
Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of January 20th, 2013
In this week's preview, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 20th, 2014.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about a recent Economic Outlook meeting held by the BC chapter of the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies. ACEC BC president Keith Sashaw said the engineering community is optimistic about upcoming construction activity in BC in 2014.
Richard also has a story about Valard Construction being selected to install transmission lines for the Christina Lake Area Development Project in northern Alberta. The project is expected to be complete by early 2015.
DCN staff writer Kelly LaPointe gives us the details on the BTY Group’s market intelligence report for the fourth quarter of 2013, which found that Canada is a model of stability for construction projects.
Stephen Bauld has a column about government procurement, and this week’s feature video is an interview with economist Helmut Pastrick about his forecasts for the BC economy and construction industry.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$700,000,000 North Vancouver, Dist Mun BC Prebid
$100,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$75,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Alberta budget generates surplus but borrows to finance infrastructure
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub