LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
February 3, 2014
Billion Dollar Development in the Okanagan
New Monaco, a billion-dollar mixed-use development is being proposed for Peachland, B.C. in the Central Okanagan.
It would be located on 125 acres between highways 97C and 97 and includes the construction of a community with about 2,500 residential units over a 20-year buildout.
The project received an Official Community Plan amendment and Area Structure Plan approval in 2011.
The rezoning application for the first phase has been filed. DIALOG is the architect and Colliers International is the project manager.
Consultants include HB Lanarc Consultants Ltd., CTQ Consultants Ltd. and Opus International Consultants. Construction could start in 2015.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project