LATEST NEWS Engineering
February 10, 2014
Rapid Transit Station Construction in Port Moody, B.C.
Work is well underway on a new station for the Evergreen Line in Port Moody, B.C.
SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc. and Graham Construction & Engineering Inc. are the general contractors.
Bombardier Transportation Inc. is the trade contractor and SNC-Lavalin Inc. did the plans and civil engineering. CH2M Hill Canada Ltd. and MMM Group Limited are consultants.
The entire total rapid transit line is expected to cost about $1.4 billion and will connect Coquitlam to Vancouver via Port Moody and Burnaby.
The line is estimated to open in 2016.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan