LATEST NEWS Professional Services
February 19, 2014
Firefighters investigate falling object
Calgary Firefighters were called out on Feb. 16 to a highrise building under construction at 14th Avenue and 1st Street after receiving reports of a falling object.
Upon arrival, firefighters closed a one block area to vehicle and pedestrian traffic to secure the site to investigate.
It was discovered a balcony rail covered by a tarp had blown from an upper floor area to the ground.
Firefighters entered the building to insure the other tarps and railings were secured.
Members of the Building Approval Department were called to the scene, along with construction officials, to assess the structure.
The area will remain closed until it has been determined that nothing further is in danger of falling.
High winds are believed to have been the cause of the incident.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 486 projects with a total value of $2,338,414,566 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$251,000,000 Comox-Strathcona RD BC Prebid
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Tenders
$80,000,000 North Vancouver BC Negotiated
- INFOGRAPHIC: 2013 Western Canadian Construction starts
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Fort McMurray baseball field construction
- Alberta budget using debt to fund construction
- Manitoba Budget 2014 focuses on infrastructure spending
- The robot-powered construction revolution
- Skilled labour needs evolving in Saskatchewan
- Western cities expected to lead the charge for growth in 2014
- New trades training facility at Camosun College
- CCA96th: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- Teamwork and prep key to success: Hadfield
- Wood lobby shoring up support for building code changes
- Palace in the Making
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Barometer reading points toward optimistic prospects
- Energy East Project one step closer to approval
- LNG plant project in Nova Scotia gets green light from environmental panel
- International Holcim Awards now accepting applicants
- CEA releases prevention recommendations for copper theft