LATEST NEWS Professional Services
February 19, 2014
Firefighters investigate falling object
Calgary Firefighters were called out on Feb. 16 to a highrise building under construction at 14th Avenue and 1st Street after receiving reports of a falling object.
Upon arrival, firefighters closed a one block area to vehicle and pedestrian traffic to secure the site to investigate.
It was discovered a balcony rail covered by a tarp had blown from an upper floor area to the ground.
Firefighters entered the building to insure the other tarps and railings were secured.
Members of the Building Approval Department were called to the scene, along with construction officials, to assess the structure.
The area will remain closed until it has been determined that nothing further is in danger of falling.
High winds are believed to have been the cause of the incident.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project