February 19, 2014
Young Builders Group formed
The Edmonton Construction Association (ECA) recently launched the new Young Builders Group (YBG) to encourage the growth and development of future construction industry leaders. The YBG was established at the ECA's Annual General Meeting on Feb. 7 to support young professionals in the first half of their construction careers through education, community activity and networking.
The committee has set a goal of organizing four events in 2014, which will provide opportunities for members to learn, grow and get to know their fellow YBG members.
The first event is on Mar. 27 at MKT Food and Beer Market at 5 p.m., with introductions and a presentation from FMI’s Ron Magnus beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Magnus is the managing director of FMI’s Centre for Strategic Leadership. Prior to joining FMI, he flew fighter aircraft for 12 years with the U.S. Air Force and his distinctions include receiving the famous Top Gun award.
The second major event is the inaugural YBG Golf Tournament, which will be held on July 24 at the Glendale Golf and Country Club.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project