February 19, 2014
Young Builders Group formed
The Edmonton Construction Association (ECA) recently launched the new Young Builders Group (YBG) to encourage the growth and development of future construction industry leaders. The YBG was established at the ECA's Annual General Meeting on Feb. 7 to support young professionals in the first half of their construction careers through education, community activity and networking.
The committee has set a goal of organizing four events in 2014, which will provide opportunities for members to learn, grow and get to know their fellow YBG members.
The first event is on Mar. 27 at MKT Food and Beer Market at 5 p.m., with introductions and a presentation from FMI’s Ron Magnus beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Magnus is the managing director of FMI’s Centre for Strategic Leadership. Prior to joining FMI, he flew fighter aircraft for 12 years with the U.S. Air Force and his distinctions include receiving the famous Top Gun award.
The second major event is the inaugural YBG Golf Tournament, which will be held on July 24 at the Glendale Golf and Country Club.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Tenders
$66,000,000 Columbia-Shuswap RD BC Negotiated
$34,400,000 Airdrie AB Prebid
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing