LATEST NEWS O H & S
February 24, 2014
ABC and Merit Canada announce partnership
Merit Canada and the Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. (ABC) signed a joint resolution on Feb. 13 outlining a partnership agreement.
“This joint resolution with ABC is a great opportunity to engage in cross-border co-operation to further our goals on important North American construction industry issues such as safety and workforce development,” said Merit Canada president Terrance Oakey.
“Together, we can make great strides toward attracting and retaining top talent and keeping all of our members moving toward the goal of zero incidents on jobsites.”
The two organizations jointly held the Eighth International Open Shop Conference and BizCon 2014 in Maui, Hawaii.
The ABC is a national trade association representing 22,000 chapter members.
Merit Canada represents the eight provincial open shop associations in Canada.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$80,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$33,500,000 Port Moody BC Prebid
$30,000,000 Calgary AB CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road