LATEST NEWS Engineering
May 21, 2014
P3 Guide released by PPP Canada
PPP Canada recently released a new Schematic Estimate Guide to help all levels of government in procuring public infrastructure through the public-private partnership (P3) model. It provides advice on developing schematic designs that support the preparation of accurate and reliable cost estimates for P3 projects.
“PPP Canada is actively developing knowledge products to grow Canada’s capacity to deliver high-quality P3s,” said PPP Canada CEO John McBride.
“We are committed to sharing our expertise.”
The guide will also provide best practices for achieving accuracy. It addresses design requirements, approaches to application of contingencies, sector-specific considerations and the treatment of outputs. Practitioners can use the guide to develop cost estimates which will improve cost comparisons over time. The document is at www.p3canada.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $3,815,938,763 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$35,000,000 Prince George BC Negotiated
$13,000,000 Victoria BC Negotiated
$12,500,000 St Albert AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group