Visit Building Envelope at Daily Commercial News
May 22, 2013
Architects from across Canada are poised to converge in Halifax June 5 to 8 for this year's Festival of Architecture.
May 20, 2013
Colleges in western Canada offer a great many courses where students can learn enough about the construction industry to enable them to go out and get a good job.
May 20, 2013
Keyano College's Oilsands Power & Process Engineering Lab is not just another post-secondary institute, but a state-of-the-art cogeneration lab replicating real world industrial technologies in the classroom.
May 20, 2013
Kindred Construction Ltd. is the construction manager for South Creek Landing, a new mixed-use midrise taking shape in Vancouver, B.C.
May 15, 2013
Edmonton city council has increased the budget for the construction of the new Walterdale Bridge by $19.5 million, which brings the total cost of the structure to $155 million.
May 8, 2013
The Government of Alberta is moving forward with construction of 24 new schools and several modernization projects across the province.
May 1, 2013
A new mixed-use lowrise is taking shape in the trendy Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C.
May 1, 2013
A propane tank stored in a shipping container exploded at a residential construction site in Saanich, B.C.
April 24, 2013
In its December 2007 determination in Serco Facilities Management Inc. v. Defence Construction Canada, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal found that the government breached the Agreement on Internal Trade by failing to properly disclose its conflict of interest rules.
April 22, 2013
The deeper one delves into the related concepts of resilience and sustainability of buildings and cities, the more apparent contradictions one finds.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$1,000,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$220,000,000 Medicine Hat AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)