November 14, 2012
Tall order in Kitsilano
A construction worker dons full safety gear as he works on the 12th floor of Six and Fir, a new residential highrise in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C.
The project will eventually reach 15 storeys above grade and will include 50 condo units, as well as some commercial retail space. Westbank Projects Corp. is the owner and the general contractor.
Henriquez Partners Architects, Urban Designers is the architect.
Consultants on the project are Kane Consulting Ltd. (LEED) and LMDG Building Code Consultants Ltd. LEED certification is being pursued.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up